Monroe Select Basketball Club
Code of Conduct
In consideration of being a Player, Coach, Parent, Volunteer and/or Administrator in the Monroe Select Basketball Club, I consent to abide by the rules of conduct set forth herein. I understand that these rules extend to my conduct in all activities and events sanctioned or sponsored by the Monroe Select Basketball Club including practices, travel to and from events, tournaments, and overnight stays. I also understand that if I violate any of the following rules, I may be subject to disciplinary action as deemed appropriate by the authorized person, persons, boards or committees of the Monroe Select Basketball Club. Disciplinary actions may include loss of playing time and/or the Club may send a player home from a tournament at the parent’s expense and/or dismissal from the Club.
The following actions are prohibited:
- Illegal transport, possession, or use of drugs or other illegal substances.
- Physical damage to a facility or theft of items from a room, dormitory, residence or other person. (Restitution will be part of any penalty imposed)
- Possession of fireworks, ammunition, firearms, other weapons or any item or material which by commonly accepted practices and principles would be a hazard or harmful to other persons.
- Any action considered to be an offense under Federal, State, or local laws/ordinances.
- Violation of the specific policies, procedures, and/or regulations of the various School Districts where we practice or participate in tournaments.
- Conduct which is inappropriate as determined by comparison to normally accepted behavior.
- Physical or verbal intimidation of any individual.
- Engagement in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, parent or spectator such, but not limited to taunting, booing, or using profane language or gestures.
Players and Parents/Guardians will treat officials, coaches, opposing players and all spectators with respect.
Any actions that do not meet the limits set forth in the Code of Conduct will result in disciplinary action and may result in suspension and/or removal from the organization.